January 30, 2010

Restoration 6.23.07


Empty handed I stand
Knowing of my own sin
Aware I fell again
Do I ask forgiveness once again to recieve, only to turn around and fall again?
What is the answer? How do I stop?
I turn to you. Face to face. Eye to eye.
You are the savior. The master. The healer and friend.
They talked about you. They said you could do it. Can you actually heal me from this disease called sin?  Just when I think I have it beat, like a cancer, its back again. Coming in as pride, fear, anger, bitterness, envy....a different name every week.
My diagnosis is this Lord. I am a sinner in need of a savior. Can you heal me and cleanse me from within? can you take me and make me into something beautiful again?
Face to face.
I meet your grace once again. a loving savior...redeemer and friend. He says to me, "I will make you whole again"...

1 comment:

  1. This the moment when I realized that nothing I can do could take away God's ability to cleanse me and wash me clean, no matter the mistakes I make. God is forever faithful. Repentance brings Restoration.

    Originally written 6.23.07

    ReplyDelete