January 12, 2010

New Year. New Season. New Life

Ever have any great ambition that you set out to do and then find yourself exhausted at 10pm at night wishing you had accomplished it that today? Every night I think about how much I could blog and share with the world and every morning I get up and get on with life.

Today I shall push pause for a moment and update the world on my life.

For the past three and half years I've studied the books, written the papers, and strived to accomplish one goal: graduation day. I did have an incredible experiece at Southeastern where I recieved leadership training and preparation that you can't put a price tag on. But when it comes to graduation, everyone highlights it as the granduer of your college career. "Today is the day you step into adult hood...welcome to real life." At least that's what "they say". (I've always wondered who "they" are...but this time it's mom, grandma, and everyone over the age of 22.)

Little did I realize just how right "they" are. In the last month, life has begun in a new way. It's a New Year, yes, with endless possibilites for the outcome. It's a New Season, I haven't experienced a true winter in 4 years thanks to Florida's sunny weather (i miss you). But truly, it's a New Life. It's full of possibilities and opportunies to grow and influence the lives of others.

It's a new day. It's a day for the books, as "they" would say.

I'll leave you with this thought.

"He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son." Revelation 21:5-7


Welcome to Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment