June 10, 2010

from the heart.

Today I decided its time once again to update the world on the craziness of my life. I thought I'd talk about the amazing leadership concepts I am  studying, or the way God' moving in Dahlonega, the connection to new people, or even the life at the coffee shop.

Instead, I feel another conversation pressing its way to the surface, the thing you want to supress and keep to yourself, but you know it will find its way out anyways...so this comes straight from the heart...

Deep in the pit of my very being is an intense desire. It burns as the internal eternal flame... At it's core is the desire to know God in all intimacy and live life at a higher level. It is because of this flame that I move forward, unaware of the pressures and waves of life that tend to overwhelm  most.

But lately, I've been overwhelmed. I've talked before about how the only thing I want to be overwhelmed with is His love, and as life takes its toll, wrapping myself again inside the Father's love changes everything. Lately though, I've been overwhelmed with decisions...decisions...decisions...life changing-defining-shifting-moving-reprioritizing decisions.


Talking with your parents is great when it comes to making decisions. They have mounds of wisdom and years of experience and they may actually be able to shed light on why you do what you do. They have known you (how you behave, think, act, what motivates you, ect) your whole life.

In talking with my mother the other night, she gave me one of life's great lessons when it comes to decision making. She told me that sometimes God doesn't speak loudly, but He sends the Spirit of Peace to mark out the path...check this out:

Phillipians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I don't know what decisions you are making today, but hand them  over again and again and again to the Lord and let His peace guard your heart and mind as you walk it out. Know that the Lord can lead you to the right decision in His perfect timing, and give you peace as you walk through it...

"In all things, I will magnify the Lord...for He's been good to me."

Grace & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment