April 20, 2010

The Trust Muscle.

These past four weeks have been tough! Let's be real. Waiting is tough. Seeking God, totally easy. Get on your face, humble yourself, repent, rejoice in him, listen, pray, read the Word. Seeking God requires time and intentionality but waiting on Him. Sitting still? Remaining quiet? Doing the last thing He told you to do and waiting for Him to move the next thing...UGH, what a pain! I was talking to a friend last night and she said this to me and I must share it with you.

Waiting is flexing that muscle that we don't like to use, it's called trust.

Thanks Kim, that one bites. The truth is, I trust the Lord, I know I trust Him, so the longer I wait, the more that muscle grows, but muscles under too much strain give out. Curl 25lbs long enough it will start to feel like 200lbs. I feel my muscles getting weak and tired. So my question tonight is what do I need to do to keep a healthy trust muscle? At 4am, the only thing I can come up with is knowing that as I'm waiting, He's waiting to show me something marvelous He's already done.

In the silence, God's doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment